From this screen you can create a single stock group in the following manner :
- Gateway of Tally> Create > type or select Stock Group and press Enter.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Stock Group > and press Enter.
- Enter the name of the Group.
- Select the group under which this group will be classified.
- Accept the screen. As always, press Ctrl+Ato save.
Know this :
Enter additional name apart from primary name [if required]. You can create any number of additional names.
Under: Select Primary or an existing Stock Group. If you have not created any Stock Group, you can create one in Tallyprime to assign to the stock group.
As always, press Alt+C, to create a master on the fly.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Stock Group > press Enter.
Can quantities of items be ADDED?
This field pertains to information on measuring the units of the Stock Items that you would categories under the Stock Group.
The Stock Items categorised under the group should have similar units for them to be added up. You cannot add quantities in Kgs to quantities in Pcs.
Any modifications such as name, change of parent group is possible here.
Statutory Details :
This Option is applicable when all the items under such Groups having the Same HSN Code and Same GST Rate. Otherwise, this option should be No if multiple GST Rates of Items under this group are there.
If this option is set to Yes, the Statutory Details for Stock Group screen will be as below :
[14-Sales Process in TallyPrime-3 & Higher]
Taxability Type :
- Select Taxable for goods and services that are classified as taxable type of supply under GST.
- Select Exempt , if the type of supply is exempted from tax under GST, or
- select Nil Rated , if the tax rate applicable to the type of supply is 0% under GST.
Press Ctrl+A to save.
Note: Category and Godown buttons are visible only if you opted for the same in F11: Features.